[IRCA] UNID 1071

Greetings,

Well, tonight I listened back to my UNID 1071, I heard at about 1410 UTC
this morning. At first I thought it might be Thai, but in listening
closer and comparing the Thai I get on Satellite TV, it is not. I talked
to Dave Williams and let him listen to it over the phone and we both
think it is some Chinese language or dialect. It is not Standard CC,
Amoy, Cantonese, or Taiwanese. That is for sure. It may have borrowings
from Thai, Vietnamese, Laos, that part of the World. That is a guess.
There are 7 Chinese stations listed on 1071. A couple are in Northern
China, but I would think Standard CC would be spoken there. It may some
minority language too. Just a guess.
   Living on the coast does have its benefits. No doubt there, but
hearing everything I do, I also get stumped often too. Thanks to John
Bryant and his students to ID Shillong India 864 I heard back in 1992.
It was some  "Hill language" and not Hindi. I have lots of stuff like
that though the years. Some real oddball sounding languages.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager