Re: [IRCA] This AM is REALLY bad...

Hi guys,

I just got back about 30 min. ago from the convention, and John is heading
north for the 3 o'clock ferry.

I tuned some key frequencies, very briefly this morning, well past sunrise
(was up somewhat later last night with the IRCA crowd). I turned on the Eton
E1 at 1420, and found rather large signals in clearly Japanese audio on 774,
693, and 594. They were far better than Saturday morning at Seaside, even
during prime time at max dawn! Go figure. If I had been doing a chart, they
would have been definite 7's, maybe an 8 on 594.

The signals were peaking late, and overriding the local noise. Antenna was
the same 15 ft. ALA100 loop strung around the inside of the room (too, we
were on the east side of the complex, away from a clear shot at arriving
signals, with two floors of building over our heads! The signals had to
really work to get to the antenna.

We really enjoyed the convention, I think there were 35 in attendance. It
was great to meet some well-known DXers like Nigel Pimblett and Neil
Kazaross. You guys would have enjoyed Nigel's PPT slides of his Alberta
antenna farm (wagonwheel o'Beverages) and also Scott Fybush's radio tower
photographs and talk.

73,

Guy