Re: [IRCA] [am] Wire..

In a message dated 9/23/06 6:39:09 PM Central Daylight Time,
bubba@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Above about 1300 the directionality became very evident.  Local 1320 was
 only S-7, and had a SAH on it.  As I went up the dial it got better.

 Next time I go, I hope to have more wire, a real ground, a preselector or
 the notch filter finished, and some other things.  I wish I could have been
 that at sunset.  I think Caribbean-area stuff would be great on this..

 Craig Healy
 Providence, RI

You've probably heard my story on this. 700 feet strung SSE on the ground in
a park with my Palstar R-30. My initial reaction was: " This antenna stinks! I
can't hear anything on it!" Then I ran across Turks and Caico's on 1620 all
alone and well over S9.

Whoa !

Fun stuff.

John K9RZZ