Re: [IRCA] 1560 Radio Disney New York, WQEW?

Re: [IRCA] 1560 Radio Disney New York, WQEW?

I am local to WQEW Radio Disney. My kids listen to it non-stop.

The ID is TOH give or take. Lately, if you have great ears, you can pick out
a kids voice buried in jingle music, saying "WQEW New York Radio Disney." I
wish you a lot of luck getting this on tape at a distance. Radio Disney is
made to be received on low fi transistor radios, boom boxes and car radios.
I also hear it on XM Satellite Radio, and the compression is right up there.
The stereo platform is greatly reduced, as well.

Say what you will about Radio Disney. It's very repetitive, it's propaganda
for Disney, it's playlist is banal. Sure. In this age of Internet audio, it
is the Happy Meal of radio, and AM radio, to boot! What other station plays
kid-friendly music and talk? Would you let your kid listen to a "Zoo" show
on FM?
My kids don't even like FM. They listen to 20 on 20, R. Disney and XM kids
all on XM. And they lsiten to WQEW 1560 AM Radio. There's a chance they may
become IRCA members yet!

73 de N2KZ Karl Zuk