Re: [IRCA] Clear Channel article

--- Rene Tetro <rene@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So, who's to blame for all this noise?  Poor maintenance by power
> companies,
> phone companies, cable companies, and so on are major factors -- but
> mostly
> the blame can be  placed squarely on the population at large.  Our
> gadget
> oriented society has produced so much poorly designed and shielded
> equipment
> that leakage into power and phone lines - and into the atmosphere
> itself -
> is just horrendous.  Light dimmers, computers (anything with a
> microprocessor, really), the increased use of fluorescent bulbs in
> the home,
> poorly designed RF devices (cordless phones, etc), and so many other
> things
> all combine to make noise across the LW-MW-HF spectrum an almost
> insurmountable issue.

*** While I don't for a minute disagree with the above, there's one
important addition --- a decline in the quality of receivers rendering
current ones incapable of rejecting verious sorts of man-made
interference which are still rejected by older, better quality units.

And we haven't even gotten into the subject of BPL....

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA  ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20ID