Re: [IRCA] Clear Channel article

Larry,

It is the bottomline, money. Today it is much easier to grab the
programming from a bird and run that. As one GM told be recently that
way they don't have to worry about local DJs and (he) should have said,
paying them bigger bucks. But whatever the case, radio will continue to
go the way it has been going. I don't see any changes in the future. AM
radio is on its way out for the most part. CC is probably selling off a
lot of their lower powered AMs that aren't making any money. Give us
some good programming and we will listen. But tuning across the band and
hearing the same tired out stuff over and over again is not going to cut
it. Plus as another said, jamming so many ads  in, just turns people off
even more. With cassettes, CDs, streaming audio, Ipods, etc, people can
listen to what they want to.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.