Re: [IRCA] Good not Great Asian Morning

John:

Are you guys not hearing Anhui on 936 any more?

For CNR2, how about the MW parallels on 630-639-720-855-918-990-1215-1476? I
believe we have heard all of these at one point or another but only 639 and
918  are almost always there for me. Past that, I can't add anything as I'm
usually guilty of zipping past this frequency.

I see a good handful of Grayland logs of Thailand 891 so it will surely
enter your logbook soon. It's a peculiar station to me: it's not in under
normal circumstances in normal nights. I've only heard it at sunrise, and it
owns the channel when SE Asia is in.

Chuck

>From: "John H. Bryant" <bjohnorcas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: "irca-hard-core-dx.com" <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [IRCA] Good not Great Asian Morning
>Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 09:16:48 -0700

<CLIP>
This morning, Walt Salmaniw heard readable audio on 936 which was probably a
low-power
>JJ station.  Walt's location is considerably poorer for Asia than mine.  I
>was past 936 at least 5 times in the hour of max dawn enhancement and never
>had more than a mediocre het.  Hummmmm.
>
>My most interesting channel this morning was 1305.  That has multiple
>CNR2 (China Business Radio) outlets on it and a "Literary Radio" from
>the Shandung Peninsula to the southwest of the Korean peninsula. For
>the second time this week, I've heard western classical opera around
>1330 and then man-talk.  It could be either station, but the Literary
>Radio is maybe a better bet.  No IDs that I noticed and band fade
>before TOH.  I tried // checking for CNR2, but that wasn't very
>reassuring because CNR2 SWBC outlets are fairly few and somewhat
>unreliable.  Ideas???  I have neither station QSLed.
>
>Patrick, I think that I've probably heard 891-Thailand at Grayland,
>but I didn't realize it.

<CLIP>>