[IRCA] Good not Great Asian Morning

Well, you know, it's like the sales people say "Location, Location,
Location!" Patrick had a mixed DU/Asian/Oceanic morning and my dawn
was pure Asian... Of course my best non-Asian wire is on the ground.
However, my only clear ocean path from here is up the Gulf of Georgia
(between Vancouver Island and the BC Mainland) toward the East Asian
Coast. That being said, there is still proof that the ionosphere is a
bumpy surface with quite a few chug holes.  This morning, Walt
Salmaniw heard readable audio on 936 which was probably a low-power
JJ station.  Walt's location is considerably poorer for Asia than
mine.  I was past 936 at least 5 times in the hour of max dawn
enhancement and never had more than a mediocre het.  Hummmmm.

My most interesting channel this morning was 1305.  That has multiple
CNR2 (China Business Radio) outlets on it and a "Literary Radio" from
the Shandung Peninsula to the southwest of the Korean peninsula. For
the second time this week, I've heard western classical opera around
1330 and then man-talk.  It could be either station, but the Literary
Radio is maybe a better bet.  No IDs that I noticed and band fade
before TOH.  I tried // checking for CNR2, but that wasn't very
reassuring because CNR2 SWBC outlets are fairly few and somewhat
unreliable.  Ideas???  I have neither station QSLed.

Patrick, I think that I've probably heard 891-Thailand at Grayland,
but I didn't realize it.  I think that the same thing is true of
several Filipinos.... When I hear an Asian language that I don't
immediately recognize (I'm good with JJ and standard CC, fair with KK
and Vietnamese) I generally put it off to "some Chinese dialect" and
move on to stations that I need and am surer of.... Its a bad habit
and I've got to break it.  The problem is that Cantonese, Fujianese,
Shanghaiese and Taiwanese are all totally separate languages from
standard (aka Mandarin, or Beijing dialect) and all sound clearly
Asian but no more "Chinese" than Korean does.... AND there is quite a
bit of Chinese dialect transmission around on good Asian mornings.
What we need is a good Asian language CD with 5 minutes of about
every major language and Chinese dialect on it.  With all of the
streaming audio now, maybe that would be a good winter project for me.....

Well, I better start my day.... Was a good but not excellent Asian AM
for me.  Does anyone have insights on 1305???

JOhn B.