Re: [IRCA] heard the 774

Marty,

Congratulations, you got JOUB, in Akita on Northern Honshu Island. It
is the only Japanese station on the air on that frequency.  It runs
the NHK2 national program which, along with NHK1, covers all of Japan
from several hundred transmitters.  When you hear 774, you ought to
try for 594, 693, 747 and 828... all Japanese stations.  You also
ought to try for 972 and especially 1566, the two strongest stations
from South Korea.  The very best time to hear these stations is
during dawn enhancement.... sort of from your first light to sun-up
at your QTH.

I'd strongly suggest that you google PAL (Pacific Asia Log) edited by
Bruce Portzer. Its free and without equal as a reference for Pacific
and Asian MW stations.  Be sure and check out the first ten pages or
so of PAL, it explains about networks in the various countries, etc.

Great going on a portable in the Bay Area!

John B.