[IRCA] One Of The Best: Sept 12

For me, this was one of the best Asian AMs so far, though none of the
Big Guns hit the stupendous levels of some other mornings.

It opened early, with Japan prominant and ended late with Japan and
China predominant. For the first time, I had three CNR-1 stations in
parallel in decent audio: 639, 945 and 1377.  Probably the most fun
was listening to JOQG, Morioka on 531 fairly late in the opening and
have the early US rock tune "Michelle" come up over the top of JOQG
for a the entire record and then resubmerge just as an Aussie DJ
started talking. 2PM, of course. I also had Japanese on 540 late and
I'm unsure who that is, an UNID on 603 and 675 in standard
Chinese.... I'm unsure as to any of those. I also heard what must
have been HLKX, FEBC in Inchon, Korea broadcasting CC (as per PAL) on
1188. I've heard this occasionally from Grayland, but not from here
before.  And finally, VOA Thailand on 1575 was unusually strong this
AM (Patrick, I looked for 891, Thailand, but they didn't make audio
here.) VOA was "arm chair" toward the end of the opening.

Geez, this is fun!

John B.