[IRCA] AM stereo cars

Pat,

Both of our cars have am stereo.  94 Thunderbird & 97 Mercury Tracer.  The electric antenna on the T-bird broke off years ago.  Connected a small whip onto the broken section.
Then used electrical tape to connected a 36" CB antenna whip to the shorter antenna.  Looks horrible, but works good.  I could not believe that the AM stereo signal would travel that far.

Dennis
Vancouver, WA