[IRCA] Could be another nice night

On the way back from pizza and its mildly alcoholic counterpart, I was noticing that 850 had multiple stations.  Checked 650 for corroboration.  Both KICY/850 and KENI/650 are in as of midnight PDT.  KENI holding its own against semi-locals, but I would not recognize KICY without being able to compare against their web stream.  Nevertheless, both are in, so it could be another good night to the north.

  Thinking back to last night, I first thought that the muffled male voice (narrow bandwidth plus bass-accenting headphones) was Mexicali.  Knowing that they usually play American rock and hearing the talking going on too long, I listened deeper.  If its muffled enough, its hard to tell Russian from Spanish (don't shoot me for that one...I fly through the frequencies in a hurry).  Only because I tuned off frequency a bit to bring up the higher frequencies did I note that I was actually hearing Russian.  They may have been there before and I never noticed.

  KENI is another story...I listened for Alaskans for years, and last year I started getting KENI on a daily basis.  This year appears to be the same.  I hope they bring some friends along so I can log some more Alaskans.  They're rare further down the coast!

  Mike