Re: [IRCA] Recording DX

--- cafe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> You will get a better s/n ratio and impedance balance if
> you use the Line-in (line-level - 200mv)
>
> Mic i/ps on Sound cards are notorious for noise and distortion --
> and there is nothing worse that distorted digital audio!

*** Was going to say the same thing myself. I agree 100%.

But since so far no one has directly addressed recording to CD...

Run the patch cord, record using whatever software you prefer. Total
Recorder isn't fancy but is excellent, contains its own scheduler and
the price is excellent ( www.highcriteria.com ). I've never felt the
need for more than the Standard Edition.

I have both Cool Edit 2000 ( which I don't use for recording but rather
for playback/cleanup ) and Power Audio Editor 2005 ( www.nctsoft.net )
which has a number of features ( but not a scheduler ) but is way more
reasonably priced for DX use than Coole Edit.

Then you'll need software to burn the CD. If you have a CD burner on
your machine, you have the software. If you're adding on, I'd recommend
Nero - easy to use, does what you need.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA  ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]