[IRCA] Good advice - test equipment often!

[IRCA] Good advice - test equipment often!

Have been plagued recently by noise -- ignition noise
by the sound of it - on my 2 Wellbrook ALA100's...

Which is interesting because the antennas
should be noise resistant...

So I popped open my "weather-boxes" that protect
the ALA100's against wet weather (Walt, Nick and I live
in a Rain Forest after all)...
and not surprisingly, connections were loose and
on one of them, the wire to the antenna has actually
fallen off!

Tightened up everything and put it all back together.
And now - everything works great.

Moral of the story.
If something doesn't sound right -- it's because something
is'nt right.
Test your gear often.

--
Colin Newell