[IRCA] off freq. stations

IRCA Crew,

(BY THE WAY, PLEASE SOMEONE PASS THIS OVER TO THE NRC, whatever their
e-mail address is at the moment.)

Is there anyone out there who can hear WBCK-1550 Bristol, TN and WFGN-1180
Gaffney, SC and verify my measurements of
frequency?

In the case of WFGN, the distance is right for  daytime skywave and the het
disappears at 2000 EDT (thank you, Nick Hall-Patch), and the DF is close. I
surmised it was a station out near the Smokies, and voilà there it was in
the NRC Log. I had
looked at TN, GA, VA and KY but passed the real critter over. I've measured
WBSC SC, WCLY NC, WVAB VA and exchanged
comms with WBFJ NC, and have thereby eliminated them (no, not in the
poo-poo pot nor with a boom-boom thang, hi)

WBCV is -112 Hz, or 1,549,888 Hz (1.549888 MHz). Telephone number (I've
checked, but for Bristol, VA) 276-591-5800 if you
want to try calling the station. Explain the circumstances, I can't
talk??most of you guys know that??that I retired from the VOA. etc.

WFGN is +78 Hz, or 1,180,078 Hz (1.180078 MHz). Telephone number (checked)
864-489-9430.

WFGN has no e-mail address, and WBCV doesn't respond to my e-mail, as expected.

Willis K4APE in OLD FART, TN, I know you're blocked for WFGN-1180.

73 de Charlie WD9INP/4

Charles & Leonor Taylor
       Grifton, N.C.