Re: [IRCA] EWE Northwest direction; 2AP off the coast

Re: [IRCA] EWE Northwest direction; 2AP off the coast

Patrick Martin writes: "If you nab 2AP in the future, you will have a good one as I don't think they have ever been logged off the coast. During AU cx they came be
common here."

I logged, taped and QSL'd 2AP on 1420 in 1962 when I lived in Pampa, Texas, back when it operated on 1420 khz, before the Asia-Oceania 9 khz plan went into effect. But of course that was back when there were few 24-hour stations on Monday mornings, and there was a two-hour window when there were no North American stations on the air. Castro had eliminated private, commercial stations, and the 250-watt Cuban that had run AN-7 in the '60s was gone.

Don't ask me if I expect to log 2AP today, even on a split frequency. It's the noise floor, now, that'd hamper inland DX even if stations would revert to 6 a.m. to midnight schedules.

John Callarman, Krumudgeon.