Re: [IRCA] Raised WNW EWE antenna

Hi Chuck,

I don't worry much about how good the ground is, but the ground system
sits under water most of the year. Even in the Summer, you go down a
couple of inches, the soil is wet. The ground conductivity on the coast
is rather poor comparing it to the valley or the Midwest. Where the
Midwest is a "30", the Willamette Valley is a 15. Portland around an
"8", the coast is a "2" to a "4" per the maps I have read. There is lots
of sand in our soil here. It is probably not the best, but having ground
rods everywhere and sitting in salty fresh water is not too bad. I am
not going to complain. Most of the Winter I could not even get out to
the end of my SW EWE. I would have had to hike out in 2-4 feet of water
to get to it. The pot was above the water line, but for a few weeks I
was wondering, as the water line was getting closer and closer to the
pot. I use copper piping for my ground rods.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.