[IRCA] Rebuilt EWE

Hello,

Worked on the EWE antenna this afternoon.  Used my last roll of copper wire from my radio shack #278-758 antenna kit.  (75')  Rebuilt the balun this week and readjusted the pot on the terminating resistor.  Was able to get local KMXG 1150 signal down to S-9 +15 db.  Their about 5 miles away in a Southeast direction.  Northwest direction KOHI in St.Helens is now S-9 +30 db with 1 kw.  Their about 15 miles away.  CBU 690 is now S-3 with no trace of  KRCO in Prineville from the Southeast.  Also from the Northwest KSWB 840 Seaside is heard, but very weak.  The EWE is still 20'x35'x20'.

 Built a antenna splitter today, the John Bryant two port splitter found on the web site Dxing Info. com.  About a 10 db loss than running the EWE without the splitter. Need to get a 27 ohm resistor Hope the resistor will lessen the signal lost.  Good luck Dxing.

Dennis Vroom
Vancouver, WA