Re: [IRCA] QRM or QRN

QRM=Man-made noise
QRN=Natural noise.

We know "static" from lightning is very different from "static" from light
dimmers and the like. So "static" from a dimmer is QRM pure and simple. What
could be more simple?

I'm a licensed radio amateur, and I hope to go c.w. here soon. When I work a
Russian or Israeli or Chinese or Cuban, I'm
not going to use these terms fancifully. Especially since I want to work
down in the "high" MW bands around 1.82 MHz and 3.58 MHz where lightning
noise is a real problem.

Come on, just use the terms as they were invented.

Charles A Taylor, WD9INP/4
   Greenville, North Carolina