Re: [IRCA] QRM or QRN

--- J999w@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I think many, including myself, consider line noise - QRN (noise)
> rather than
> QRM (splatter from another transmitter).

*** There's no doubt that over the years this has become more accepted
as an interpretation, although my understanding is that originally the
'M' signified "man-made" and the 'N' signified "natural".

While 'N' can also signify "noise", there's no analogue for the
significane of using 'M' for interference from other stations.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA  ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20ID