Re: [IRCA] Tentative CKWX-1130 hrd in MA

On Sunday 27 August 2006 01:45, MidCapeMarc@xxxxxxx wrote:
> I believe I just picked up CKWX-1130 Vancouver.  At 0124 EDT Ad by female
> for " ...fireworks September 19 at the Westin Seashore and Marina (?)"
> followed by man with "News1130.com, your news radio."  This briefly
> surfaced over YVRL, R.Ideal.  In the morning I will send the audio clip to
> a couple of WA/BC DXers.  If confirmed, would be BC #1 in 44 years of DX
> and a major thrill!!

Nice going, Marc!  I was too tired to stay up long... I took a brief listen
after midnight and heard a whole lotta WDFN, plus some countryish music way
underneath that I assumed was likely KWKH.  The possibility of CKWX didn't
even occur to me, so I settled on 1140 instead of 1130 for overnight
recording.  D'oh!  Nice signal from CHRB, and CBI also showed up a few times,
but nothing new.  Oh well.

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  VE3JF  Ottawa, ON