Re: [IRCA] All these high school sports schedules

Re: [IRCA] All these high school sports schedules

> --- Radiofldude@xxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > Would it be fair to ask that all mailing of high  school sports
> > schedules on
> > these lists be halted until we find a proper place  for them? As
i've
> > stated,
> > I don't believe they belong here.
> >
> > I've got a  RadioBroadcasting group on Yahoo, which we can use for
> > this.
> > Otherwise, I could  start a new yahoo group for this.
> >
> > Thoughts?

> ***As I said earlier, these are very much DX-oriented, and given that
> many of these games start as early as tonight, I don't think that's a
> reasonable request.
>
> Not everything on this list is for everybody on the list. I ofetn see
> entire threads which have no interest for me. That's why there's a
> <delete> key.
>

> Russ Edmunds

I have always found it somewhat remarkable that virtually
everyone who gets a newspaper accepts large parts of
that paper which have no interest. Sports, classifieds,
homemaking, obits, all (usually) cheerfully dispatched
to the recycle bin without a second thought (here, anyway.
YMMV).

And this is something that you PAY for.

Where is it written that this electronic version of a newspaper
has to stop carrying certain subjects because a small whiny
minority believes they don't belong there.

I say, send _everything_.  Let ME make that choice. Generally
a team listing is not much interest here, except if it is
MY local team (Bucs, Devil Rays etc) . Then,  I want to have
access to it. You folks in Dallas might want the Cowboys
list, but I don't.

Most everyone today is on unlimited access semi-broadband.
You should no longer be paying for measured content.

Russ is right. Become familiar with the location of your Delete
key. All keyboards have them.

- Bob