Re: [IRCA] Talk about TPs; this was a TA!

Re: [IRCA] Talk about TPs; this was a TA!

Chuck,

You have a good point. It all depends on where you are. I might add that
alot of DXing has to do with being at the right place at the right time.
10 minutes one way or the other, you may very well lose your chance to
log a rare catch. Conditions change so drastically from one era to
another. Today, I look back to the early 80s when DUs were all over the
dial morning after morning here on the coast. Some S9+20DB. They were so
common, and I took them for granted. But by the late 80s, many were just
a memory, never to be heard again. Or if I did log them, they were rare
and never with the signal they once had. Then came the early 90s when I
bought the R8 in 92. Things had changed so much, that DUs were not much
of an issue, it was the Asians, India, Bangladesh, and Nepal. Even Oman
on 1413. That lasted for 3 or 4 years, then that disappeared. I might
add for all of this I was using the same EWE antenna. THat was installed
in 1981.  I have replaced the wire a couple of times, but still the same
antenna across the same branches. But conditions do change. Boy do they
ever!

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.