Re: [IRCA] Talk about TPs; this was a TA!

Re: [IRCA] Talk about TPs; this was a TA!

You betcha over the pole receptions do happen. Urumqi was heard by you and a
handful of DXers from the northern and eastern parts of the USA. Shanghai
was heard from Boston. North Korea also made it to Boston. I'm sure there
are more that I've forgotten.

But.... the point I was trying to make below wasn't that TP's are impossible
from the right half of the country but rather that from Eastern and Central
time zones, you're going to find more reports of island and DU stations than
you will of Japan and China and Korea.

I can't remember the last time Japan was logged on the east coast. That's
the opposite of what happens here in Washington state where Japanese
stations are the powerhouse regular.

Because of the above, I don't think it's good to try and make one
observation that fits everybody re TP's, DU's and island stations. What you
hear all depends on where you are.

You're welcome to log a dozen Chinese this season and make me
re-evaluate.....

Chuck