Re: [IRCA] KDWN ratings

Patrick Martin wrote:
> Scott,
>
> With the noise level around the strip, I wonder how well any of the AMs
> do in the ratings book in Las Vegas? Are any in the top 10?

The good news, at least, is that there are very few ratings books around
the Strip. The residential areas of Las Vegas now sprawl for miles and
miles in every direction from the old center of the city. There's still
electrical noise, but not from all the flashing lights and such. The
people staying in the Strip hotel rooms, where AM is nonexistent, aren't
filling out Arbitron diaries. (Or listening to the radio at all, for the
most part.)

AMs? KXNT cracks the top 10 (and even the top 5, 12+) pretty regularly.
KBAD (ESPN sports) shows just above KDWN. Nothing else registers at
all...and I'd be shocked if it ever did. Most of the AM dial in Vegas is
pretty dreadful to listen to - endless leased-time hours of betting
lines, third-tier syndicated stuff, and there are three or four new AMs
still coming on in the next year or so. I can't imagine what THOSE will
end up being filled with!

(Not Spanish - that audience has all moved over to FM, where at least
two Spanish FMs are in the top 10 regularly. The two remaining Spanish
AMs are ratings non-starters.)