Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] India to Illinois on 1566 ?

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] India to Illinois on 1566 ?

Here's my message posted to ABDX which basically is my strong on opinion on
the matter. If the logging were in winter and more westerly high band stuff
like Kuwait 1548 and Saudi 1521 had shown up, it would be half way
believable, but as it it, I very strongly feel that there is no chance this
guy got India almost 90 minutes after there sunrise on the shortest day of
the year with much of the path in daylight.

"I am not only questioning his catch, I am disputing it !! Mendota is
67 miles SW of here and the bearing to Nagpur is 13 deg. I wonder just
how much of the 8000+ mile path is in daylight on June 21 ?

http://www.nrcdxas.org/articles/newfee.txt links you to some of our
loggings from Newfoundland where in mid Oct, 1566 fades out at 0040
UTC xmtr sunrise !! Anyhow, I'd suspect Nagpur sunrise is around 0000
this time of the year. (I'll check my maps later from home)

The DXer in question didn't say whether the time heard was CDT or UTC,
but most SWers use UTC. 2030 UTC is mid afternoon here.

He was looking for Brazilians on 1570 ?!?!? From Illinois ??!!

Now I am aware that a few DXers don't believe some of my phased BOG
domestic loggings, so I have tapes of some of them. I am also aware
that some magic things happen on the high end, but not when most of
the path is in daylight on the shortest day of the year. (I don't
believe long path for one second, either)

Brazilians on 1570 and India on 1566 from IL on Jun 21 !! This guy was
reading an old Newfie DXped report while smoking the peace pipe.

73 KAZ "