[IRCA] Fwd: Re: Mini CCRadio Shelved

I failed to notice Russ's response didn't come from the list, so I'm
forwarding my reply with addenda.

One thing I didn't mention below was my interest in the comparison between
the Mini CC Radio and the Tivoli Audio SongBook.  There are some advantages
one might imagine for the Mini CC -- such as a continuously variable tuning
knob versus up/down push buttons -- but without specifics it's not possible
to determine if there is any actual performance advantage over the SongBook.

One obvious advantage the $160 SongBook does have over the proposed $150
Mini CC, is that the SongBook is real, not eitherware.  I have the SongBook
and ironically, use it with the C.Crane Twin Coil Ferrite Antenna, as
mentioned below.  It works pretty well for a radio primarily touted for
it's audio quality versus reception capabilities.

Still, I hate to see any new receiver product, not make the cut.

Curt