Re: [IRCA] 20 questions about annual DX conditions

Re: [IRCA] 20 questions about annual DX conditions

Doug,

Here on the North Coast, the Fall Equanox Season starts in here in mid
to late August when the conditions improve quite sharply for TPs. They
last until about the end of October. There is a slight peak sometimes in
the Spring (March-April), but not nearly as good. The Fall has always
been the best by far. The Fall is normally when I hear the Filipinos,
Malaysia, India, etc. By December-January I get into a "dead period",
where DX kind of dies off towards Asia, and then can pick back up a bit
Feb-March. I still get TP DX, but not nearly as good. For DU DX, back in
the late 70s to mid 80s, they were all over the dial morning after
morning throughout the whole year for a number of years. Then by the mid
80s, the DUs seemed have died off a lot. Not nearly as strong. I
remember when I started doing DXWW-W in November 1980, I would sit at
the typewriter and type the column every week listening to "4MK's weekly
top 30 Countdown" (4MK 1026 khz 5 KW MacKay, Q, Australia). It was
common for them to be S9+20DB, armchair copy. Every 9 khz was an Aussie
or Zedder. I thought it would last forever. Of course with DX
conditions, nothing does. But it was nice while it lasted.
  Bu the peak for TPs was still in the Fall. With DUs in every morning
year around and TPs good in the Fall, if I missed a morning, I really
felt I missed something good too.
   Some years are better than others. The past few years, TP cx have not
been as good as in previous years I don't feel. The number of mornings
with filipinos have been a lot less. So it does vary from year to year.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.