Re: [IRCA] Splatter from 940 and 1320

> I assume this is a strong TA.  I've not figured those out yet, so others
> can probably offer the answer to this one.  But I did have a clear foreign
> language station on 944, that along with R.Reloj is detectable by tuning
> around 940.

The European and Asian 9 KHz channel spacing can be figured by a simple
method.  Take the individual numbers and add them up.  If it's divisible by
9, then it's the channel.

Examples:

1008 1+0+0+8=9

945 9+4+5=9

1314 1+3+1+4=9

Even the usual longwave stations fit this mold.

252 2+5+2=9

153 1+5+3=9

And, there are always stations that don't follow the bandplan, but the
majority comply.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI