Re: [IRCA] Request for Kenwood R-5000

I am a Disabled American Veteran on a small VA pension. (And I'm sure
you know that doesn't go too far.) I'm pretty much stuck at home for the
most part due to my Pulmonary & Spinal Condition(s).
---------
I hate to be cynical but this reminds me of the one that circulates
through the fire service every few months. It usually involves some
variation of a child confined to a wheelchair who always wanted to be a
fireman. They are usually collecting fire department ephemera which
eventually shows up for sale on e-Bay.

I would suggest that a local representative make direct contact to
verify the story before any effort is made toward donations. It's sad to
say that people make a living doing this type of fraud. One of our local
TV stations did an in depth report on the homeless panhandlers that you
see begging for donations at busy street intersections. The report
disclosed several of them being picked up daily at a decent hotel and
delivered to their assigned panhandling locations in a new car. Some of
these guys were earning a rather surprising tax free wage. One admitted
that he was panhandling as a practical experiment for his college thesis
on how people react to the homeless.

Patrick Griffith
Westminster, CO
http://community.webtv.net/N0NNK/