Re: [IRCA] How local IS WBZ?

IBOC is touted as having a power advantage, as it should be. The question is
only how much of an advantage.

And indeed the hybrid mode doesn't support using 1/2 the analog power. The
hybrid mode isn't even a fair comparison for coverage as too many technical
limits are there to protect the analog mode. I extrapolated the power used
in the hybrid mode and pretended IBOC performs the same in all-digital mode.
That's a stretch, but good enough for a rough guess.

Chuck

>From: Russ Edmunds <wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx>
<CLIP>
>*** I was of course exaggerating with the 'megawatts' comment, but
>wasn't one of the big advantages pitched for IBOC initially the use of
>substantially less power ?

<CLIP>