Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] UNID 1600AM

Scott is correct.. I was doing some work in Flagstaff last year. While I was there, our customer took us to lunch next door to the station. At that time it was housed in a strip mall (very nice) in a corner of a local store. They were doing a lot of talk at that time. They told me they had turned off their part 15 equipment and were relying on their web cast and cable TV  to reach listeners..Had a nice set up and doing a great deal of local news and talk.... This was January of 05

lee freshwater
Ocala, FL

Scott Fybush <scott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
J.D. Stephens wrote:
> I wasn't able to find an affiliate list, either, but
> while I was searching, I did come across the following
> very interesting item:
>
> http://www.foxsports1650.com/
>
> This station's website says they're in Flagstaff,
> Arizona. When did they start on the X-band? I've
> never seen a listing of this on any of the usual AM DX
> sites, and it's not even listed on the FCC's website!

They're not a licensed station. They're a "Part 15" operation, though
one can suspect that they're running considerably more than legal Part
15 power. I think they may also be using multiple transmitters to cover
Flagstaff, which isn't a very big area to cover.