Re: [IRCA] Korea

At 17:41 07/04/2006, you wrote:

>One other thing, where they are located no NK were heard. The
>frequencies were pretty much blocked by jammers. South Korea must block
>most NK signals. 1053 we hear, but apparently there was a jammer on
>about all of the NK frequencies.

One thing I noticed when  visiting Japan last year was that the North
Korean on 1080 was mixing with a jammer that sounded very similar to
the one we hear on 1053.  Didn't notice any others, but guess the
jammers are set up to be effective in South Korea, not North America,
or even Japan.

Bill Harms, do you have any knowledge of these jammers, either
technical or sociological (like, why does South Korea figure they're
necessary, or is North Korean programming really that inspiring?)

best wishes,

Nick