Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Aurora catches

On Wednesday 05 April 2006 23:34, Neil Kazaross wrote:
> You have it far more AU than do I, noting good reception of  CHWO and
> CJBC tonite for example. Barely semi-AU here as this poor month proves a
> huge letdown compared to early March.

AU conditions were excellent here last night... unfortunately, I got home
late and was too tired to stay up long, so I had less than an hour to
check out the band.  Many channels in the lower half of the band were knee
deep in Latino signals.  The one on top of 680 (usually dominated by
Toronto) proved to be Radiodifusora Nacional de Colombia, a new one here.
I also noted Guadeloupe briefly on top of 640 (also usually dominated by
Toronto) before losing out to Cuba - haven't heard them in ages.  WSM was
getting obliterated by Colombia, R Coro Venezuela burying WBBM, WHAM
getting whammed by Cuba, Colombia all over WJR, etc.  Reloj Habana on top
of 950, with the second Reloj right behind it with about A 1 sec delay -
two time pips at the top of each minute, and the RR code from each merged
to sound like RPR.  Neat!

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon VE3JF  Ottawa, ON