Re: [IRCA] Radio World Articles - Night HD not likely, etc.; 23 0200Z FEB 06; PVZ

Re: [IRCA] Radio World Articles - Night HD not likely, etc.; 23 0200Z FEB 06; PVZ

>www.rwonline.com, Jerry Smith compares 970 WFLA HD
>failings to Kahn advantages. He notes Orlando 950 and
>990 lost Tampa - Sarasota audience to WFLA slop. Team
>HD's pious nonsense re 'you must not listen to out of
>contour stations' has at last worn thin. Losing audience
>displeases broadcasters.

/* snip */
>Paul Vincent Zecchino

This interesting piece references installation of Kahn
Powerside in a "Tampa area station" and compares
the signal to WFLA-HD, but the test station is not
identified in the article.

Based on my recent experience in hearing the station
(of which I am guessing), somewhat better than previously,
I would _guess_ that it is Seffner on 1010. Where I am,
nearly in Pinellas County, 1010 has to sneak past
970 and 1040 (on a consumer grade set). Just
checked at 1911 local, ID "classic country from the 70's
and 80's, WQYK"

- Bob