Re: [IRCA] Tree Down

Nick,

Sorry to hear about your post coming down. It sounds like you guys have
been getting a lot of high wind too. The two trees that came down, are
history now. I still have one piece up there and it will snap in time I
am sure too. If it survives a bit, I will top it this Summer for a
support for my antenna. The broken ShurPine will be there long after I
am gone. Those broken trees have 50-100 years, they have such deep
roots.
   I did have a nice discussion with Randy Tagg that runs the property
and he told me, my antennas are fine. The tree my SW EWE runs to since I
put it in 1981, is safe too, as he will not cut down that tree, unless
it breaks of something as the cows use it for shade. He said they don't
have enough trees as it is. As far as the new fence where my Eastern
beverage runs, that will be way down the road as the electric fence
works fine. So I wont have to move that antenna for sometime.

By the way, news you will not like, another storm is heading our way,
Friday night into Saturday. So far winds of 60 MPH again are forecast.
Lucky us. This has been the most rainy and windy year I can ever
remember. Infact Astoria's January rainfall was 24.1 inches. That broke
all records as the most for one month in the past was in 1956, January
again but 18 inches. This has really been a very unusual Winter.
Hopefully we wont see another like this. But once we get past Saturday,
the weather improves for a week. At least that is what it is looking
like now. So maybe, just maybe, this wet spell will be over. We have had
four wind storm in the past 3 weeks that were 75-93 MPH. No wonder trees
were snapping everywhere.

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.