Re: [IRCA] E-DXN

I'd like to publicly apologize to Curt Deegan for my response to
his question about the E-DXN and if notices regarding DX
tests would continue to be posted to the IRCA list.

Without excuse, my response was unwarranted.

This DX Season has been a challenging one in terms of dealing with
my fellow DX'ers. Complaints have become literally a daily event
regarding nearly every aspect of how the DX Tests are conducted.

Some are not happy with the idea of "inventory inserts" fearing that
full power tests will become a thing of the past. Others don't like
the way that dates and times are listed, still another group complains
about the "authenticity" of QSL's unless they come directly from the
station, the "Flash Postcard" system doesn't always arrive on time,
etc...etc...etc...

Add to that the internal squabbles between clubs, groups,
various e-mail lists, etc. and the task becomes overwhelming.

I mis-read Curt's question to be a problem with the NRC (I get
lots of those complaints) and just over-reacted. Turns out that
Curt just isn't a fan of web based information, preferring e-mail.

I think both approaches have their merits. But for the "content
providers" web based certainly is less work.

My apologies Curt...I promise not to be so quick on the hitting
the "reply" button next time.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
NRC/IRCA Broadcast Test Coordinator
Please call anytime 24/7 if your transmitter
will be off the air for maintenance.
(205) 253-4867