Re: [IRCA] Grounding Grid for the EWE

Dennis,

Sure that would work. Get some bare number 6-8 copper wire from like
Home Depot and connect the rods. Bury the wire in the ground. Take a
kitchen knife or something like that. Put a "slit" in the ground and
slip the wire into the soil. Then step on it to cover the slit. The sod
will grow into the wire and your ground will be totally under ground and
will get wetter too. In the backyard I have a circle of 4 foot rods
buried beneath the surface of the ground. I used hose clamps to connect
the rods in the circle with #12 bare wire. I them took a piece of wood
to knock the rods totally into the ground. The top of the rods are
probably a couple inches down along with the wiring. I keep adding more
rods at times. My whole yard is loaded with ground rods. I don't even
remember how many I have. They either sit in water or now, they are
pretty much buried under water. Especially any in the field where the
water is 3 feet deep in places. The more the merrier.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.