[IRCA] Quantum phaser gain problem solved!

[IRCA] Quantum phaser gain problem solved!

Greetings,

This afternoon I picked up a a pak of 100 caps of mixed values for $4.00
at RS. I tried an 82 pf, close to the 100 pf, but it dropped the gain
too much. KSWB Seaside went from S9+30 DB to S4!! So depending on the
load of your antenna, the gain will vary. I found a 200 pf and it is
close. The bottom part of the band is about the same as plugging the
antennas directly into the R8, the same S meter readings. The top end, I
have gained 4 or 5 DB at the most, no biddies or any other problems
noted. You may have to experiment with values to get exactly what is
right with your antenna set up. But it worked like a dream.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin

Come to Seaside Oregon for the 2006 IRCA Convention! It will be held at
the Comfort Inn on September 22-24,2006.