Re: [IRCA] Quamtum phaser vs MFJ 1026

I've had very good luck with my Quantum Phaser.  I've had it now for
about six months and use it regularly.  Losses haven't seemed to be an
issue.  RF levels at my house are not significant, but they can be
considerd above normal -- with both KYW and WNTP's 50kw about six miles
away, and my local AM, WNPV in Lansdale, a mile out.

I use it differently from what others may. And perhaps that is the
difference.  I use two active antennas with the phaser, both of which
have a significant amount of gain (a Dressler ARA60 and a McKay Dymek
DA-100).  They are mounted vertically and spaced at opposite ends of my
house -- about 50 feet apart.  I use equal lengths of coax on both
antennas to keep the inputs about equal.  I got my best TA ever using
this setup about three months ago...1548 khz, 700 watts, in Sheffield,
UK.

I've never tried the MFJ-1026, but have been tempted to buy one just to
see how it works compared to Gerry's box.

73,
Rene'