[IRCA] TAs and West Coast woes

I'm disappointed.  Should I be?  I'm primarily a Trans-Pacific MW dxer this past year.  When things are hot, I've heard audio on over 30 channels from great distances across the Pacific.  Even on poorer mornings, I'll often hear a half dozen or more stations.  Now, comparing this to evening Trans-Arctic MW, the same can't be said.  All this week, reception has been quite good, and tonight, I've even heard Norway 1314 with a great S9+5 signal.  Does this translate to other Euros in audio?  Nope.  I wish that it did, but all I'm hearing are lots and lots of carriers, and often a quite strong levels.  Tonight checking at 03:25 UTC January 14th, I'm hearing 33 other carriers, but not a single audio in the lot.  Some (621, 1134 and 1089) are almost at threshold audio level, but not quite.  Only one other night in the fall did I hear a number of Euros in audio (Voice of Russia on 927 I think it was, and Farda on 1575, Virgin on 1215).  Since then it's Norway, night after night...fading up to great levels, and then down into the mud.  What gives?  Why no audio???..............Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC.