Re: [IRCA] Quantum phaser vs MFJ 1026

Patrick,

My comment on a defect was primarily because Craig had described what
clearly was one.  That you and he are both dissatisfied with the Quantum
Phaser and both received yours recently, the idea there may be a
manufacturing problem came to mind.  Contacting Radio Plus+ as you have,
was certainly the best way to proceed.

I would also mention something else based on another post you just made
regarding switching hassles.  I would suggest you work with the unit a bit
longer.  I rarely do any switching of the A/A+B/B switch.  I know the
documentation describes that as a way to achieve a null, but you really
don't need to do that...or at least with my antennas I don't.

Assuming at any given time you know which antenna is giving the strongest
signal -- maybe this was determined by doing the switching -- all you need
do after that is work with the central control knob and the gain control of
the stronger antenna.  The gain of the weaker antenna can be set at max and
left there.  Turn the main knob to get an initial null, adjust the gain to
improve the null, and repeat, each time being more careful as you zero in
on the ultimate null.  Maybe this won't work for you, but I would suggest
you try it without the switching and see if things don't go smoother.

Good luck,
Curt