Re: [IRCA] DX tests

My comments at the bottom,

>--- Chuck Hutton <charlesh3@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On a broadcasting industry e-list, there's quite a discussion going
>> on about
>> DX tests for AM stations. (!)
>>
>> Here's an interesting story about a "DX" test:
>>
>http://sujan.hallikainen.org/FCC/FccRules/violations/2001/pdf/kbjd.pdf
>>
>> It's a lucky thing that the station in question was able to avoid a
>> fine.
>>

>*** While there may well be a current discussion going on, this item is
>very much 'old news', and has been beaten almost to death in a number
>of forums. Frankly speaking, I don't believe that the FCC should have
>even pursued this from a third party anonymous complainant, and
>furthermore without any evidence of interference.
>
>Wonder if I could complain about the waste of my tax dollars on this
>given how many other things the FCC ought to be doing but isn't ?
>
>Russ Edmunds

The postings above, appeared on 31 December and I just got around
to reading the pdf file yesterday, it is some 60 pages in length. So
my comment is a few days "late".

If there was an "anonymous complaint" it must have been someone
else, because on the very last page of the pdf is a copy of an e-mail
from an individual who is clearly identified, and who had contacted
a Jon Sprague at the Denver FO on a matter of updating a contact
record, and mentioned the test.

The other matters I agree with. While this may be "old news", it was
the first I knew of it however.

I was concerned that anonymous complaints get so much weight.
Here in Tampa last year we have the case of a judge (Gregory
Holder) whose career was greatly jeopardized because of what
to all appearances was a forged research paper used in an attempt
to discredit him, by a federal prosecutor who since resigned. The
copy of the "paper" was anonymously delivered eventually to a judges'
review board. This judge Holder was active in trying to find
corruption in the local court system, he beat the charge, at great
personal expense.  This story would make a great book, and
an "anonymous complaint" (the way the "paper" was found) was
a central part of this case.

But I don't think this FCC complaint was anonymous.

- Bob