[IRCA] 2006 listening

Not much dx the past week/10 days.  Conditions iffy, desire-even less so
but around 11pm last night (1/1) I heard a couple of somewhat
interesting items..........

1200  with KOQI Soquel off the air it left WOAI atop with a fair signal,
mixing with a spanish language station playing music.  WOAI naturally
messed up the TOH chances to ID the SS station & a tad bit later I noted
a National Anthem...surely sounded like the Mexican N.A...

1420  Tuning in a minute or two after 2300 PST 1/1 I found a 1000 cps
tone dominating the frequency when looping the Kiwa more or less N/S.

Once upon a time I would have stayed with them but nowdays going to bed
(reading a good book) seemed much the better idea.

73

don k.