Re: [IRCA] DXing Practices and Ethics Question

Re: [IRCA] DXing Practices and Ethics Question

Doug,

I see no problem at all with what you propose. Use every tool at your
disposal, but be honest and don't cheat. I would call using the website ID
as your own unethical, cheating. What I mean is that, folks like me tape my
IDs. If the ID isn't on tape, I don't log the station. Now if I take the ID
from the website and add QRM & QRN to make it sound authentic and put that
on my tape and count it as my own, THAT's UNETHICAL. My DX practices are
di'fernt from urine, but I stick to that code. I DO have 'most 100 "almost"
IDs in my tape collection, but I don't count them in my totals.

73 de Charlie The Taper (type of animal)