Re: [IRCA] DXing Practices and Ethics Question

On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 09:45:36AM -0800, Doug Pifer - KE6GMM wrote:
>    indeed be hearing that station. In any case, I did hear voice ID's direct
>    from the radio and not the computer. Is this wrong? (straight to the point
>    question)

I don't think it is wrong. We use other tools to assist IDing the stations
already and nobody questions those: logs, WRTH, FCC database, audio clips,
stations' websites, etc. You heard the station through the radio... isn't
that what counts?

It gets little questionable IMHO if you'd make reception report based on
details you hear through the Internet only. But just IDing... I think you're
still OK.

73!

Risto, W6RK