Re: [IRCA] WALE-990 still off

> *** I monitored 990 Friday morning from 0500-0620 EST.  Nothing
> surprising or impressive heard.  WLGZ quite dominant with NOS format &
> frequent IDs & jingles, WNTP made an occasional appearance during a
> WLGZ fade, CKGM dominant around 0610-0625 with hockey talk.  No sign of
> CBY or anything else IDable.

I heard rare mentions of ESPN, but not very often.  WLGZ owns 990 around
here.  I occasionally heard the CBC IS-type tones, which likely is CBY.
Other than one very tentative "WNTP" mention in the noise, I can't say as
I've really heard them.  Oh yes, and one traffic report mentioning the New
Jersey Turnpike northbound.  I don;t even know for sure if WNTP does traffic
reports.

> One mystery: heard the Star Spangled
> Banner loud & clear at 0600 but no sign-on announcement.  The SSB was
> followed by dead air & intro music & then faded into the mush.  If WALE
> is still off tomorrow, it'll be interesting to see if anything can be
> heard in the 10am - 2pm period.

Hmm.  I heard that last Midnight.  Who??

As of 6:40pm WALE is still off.  At this point I wouldn't even guess when
they would be back.  I have been unable to find anything more.  It may be as
simple as them not paying an electric bill..  Who knows?

At the moment I'm hearing some high female operatic-type singing.  If it's
the Fat Lady, then *something* must be over.  Hopefully the song.  It's
bogus..

Craig Healy
Providence, RI