Re: [IRCA] Oregon Coast Storm

Yes. I heard it several times after it happened on a number of radio
stations. Don't ask me which ones as I don't remember, but the Seaside,
Oregon dateline stuck with me. I knew I knew someone from there. Check
around and maybe you can find out whoe aired it or the local reporter who
fed it to someone. I have no idea how big Seaside is, but I know it's fun
sometimes to hear your town on the national news. I always like it when they
mention my cousin J.D. Drew who plays with the Dodgers and they mention his
hometown of Hahira, GA. I was born there December 8, 1964. He was born in
Valdosta, GA, but he and his family lived in Hahira. They still do.

Bert New
Watkinsville, Georgia
Proudly Serving You Since 1964!

Bert,

Our little shark attack got national coverage? It did not amount to
much. I was told sharks generally do not like humans or the taste of
one. The guys in the wetsuits look too "fish" or "seal" looking and the
sharks bite without knowing. They do happen here on occasion, but the
Oregon Coast beaches are not loaded with swimmers. The water is too cold
year around, like 50-52 degrees. We don't have warm enough weather here.
Average air temp in the Summer is 65 and in the Winter is 55.
Very different than So Cal or the East coast.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR