Re: [IRCA] Anyone know who's on 1340.2?

> 1340 WROD is indeed off frequency also causing digitally-tuned radios
> growl some 'bass' in this neighborhood. They're in Daytona Beach,
Volusia
> County, FL.
>
> Ron Gitschier

I meant to answer this a couple of days ago.

Any receiver would exhibit the 'growl' as it is
simply picking up the mixing from two nearby
carriers, 200 Hz apart, and demodulating them
to audio.

All the digital tuning does is to exactly set
the 'center freq' the receiver is tuned to, but
with an IF bandwidth of several kHz, the tuning
can be anywhre in that range and the het
will be heard, with varying fidelity depending
on the exactness of the tuning.

I spent new year's in St Augustine last year.
A year ago. This station was off freq then,
and I'd guess has been off freq for a year now.

There is a point to be made here, in that a
'digital' radio can have varying degrees of
'digitalness' and digital tuning is not the
same thing as digital signal processing.

- Bob