Re: [IRCA] [ABDX] Re: Got my Quantum Phaser today! + explanation for Quantum Phaser delays.

Re: [IRCA] [ABDX] Re: Got my Quantum Phaser today! + explanation for Quantum Phaser delays.

Hi Craig, I guess I should try them placing them in the same direction
first. I plan on building mounts that will allow me to attach them to TV
rotators. That would be really handy. I think I'll pick up a couple of
RPA-1's and try them with the loops and see how that works as well. About
the RS decoupling chokes, I completely forgot about them. I've got about 10
or more of them so I'll have plenty of them around :-)
Thanks for the corrections and additional advice. I always look forward to
the technical articles on the lists.
73's
John Hunter
Rossville GA
PS: About the shipping delays of the his products

Gerry Thomas of http://dxtools.com/index.html has really been in a bind
lately and that's why he is a little behind on orders.
He has been heavily involved in assisting hurricane victims even to the
point of taking some into his own home. That plus this excerpt from an
email from him explains about the case lettering problem.
Begin quote "As I said in an email sent out last week (see below), shipping
of the phasers was uncontrollably delayed.
I've had to go to vinyl transfer labeling for the cabinets and the first
batch of labeling simply didn't work.  I got another batch of labeling last
night and it appears to be working better.  I'll be readying the cabinets
for installing the circuit boards today and tonight and will install the
circuit boards tomorrow.  I'll give the phasers a 24-hour burn-in and ship
by Saturday.  I'll email you when yours is on its way....I appreciate your
patience.

73...Gerry

Dear Quantum Phaser purchaser,

I apologize for the delay in shipping your phaser. I have been shipping
phasers for the past 3-4 weeks (in the order in which payment was received)
but had run out of screenprinted phaser cabinets shortly before
Thanksgiving week.  Foreseeing the shortfall, I turned in some cabinets to
my screenprinter for screenprinting and he was supposed to have them
completed that same week.  Despite nearly daily calls, promised delivery
dates came and went repeatedly.  This afternoon he called and told me that
he was unable to complete the order and was leaving town.  Needless to say,
this put me (and you) in a heck of a bind.  I'm sitting here with circuit
boards ready to mount in cabinets and you are sitting there waiting for
your phaser.

To make a long story short, given the problems I've had in the past with
screenprinters (screenprinting the oddly shaped loop and phaser cabinets
has always been a problem for those who specialize in T-shirts and such), I
decided to try vinyl lettering instead.  I'm due to receive the vinyl
transfers tomorrow (Friday) and will, assuming they work out,  install the
circuit boards and burn in each phaser this weekend.  With any luck, all
remaining phaser orders will be shipped early next week." End quote.